The congress organisers will offer a travel scholarship program for delegates from developing countries to ensure their representation at the congress and to promote international relations between researchers.
In order to qualify, applicants must have successfully submitted an abstract to the Congress. A selection committee has been established, who will evaluate the submitted abstracts and score for merit.
The travel scholarship will consist of:
- Complimentary Congress registration
- Cash stipend upon arrival between 500 to 1000 euros depending on country/ city of origin to assist with travel and accommodation expenses. Travel invoices and accommodation reservations will need to be provided in order to get the allowance.
June 15, 2018
- You must be the first author and presenting author of an accepted abstract
- You must be a resident of a developing country (click here to download the list)
During the abstract online submission process, applicants will have to:
- tick the appropriate box when submitting their abstract (“I wish to apply for a travel scholarship”)
- upload a copy of their passport and proof of residence
- upload a preliminary budget summarizing travel and accommodation expenses
Notification of selection:
- Applicants will be notified by email by mid December, 2018 at the latest.
- Unsuccessful applicants will be free to pursue or not within the registration process.
- Sucessfull applicants will receive special instructions to register for the congress. The registration fees will be waived but for additional optional events reservations, payment will be requested. Recipients will have to book and prepay for their travel and hotel accommodation.