The Organising Committee of the XVIII World Congress of the World Federation of the Deaf (WFD Congress 2019) welcomes poster presentations. All posters will be displayed for the entire duration of the Congress, from 23rd to 27th July.
All posters will be displayed for the entire duration of the Congress, from 23rd to 27th July.
Presenters are requested to be on-site next to their poster during poster sessions (see below) to present and discuss their poster with other participants.
The poster area will be located on Level 3 of the Palais des Congrès de Paris.
The Organising Committee will do its utmost to assist presenters with their needs; and to facilitate their arrival and stay at the Congress.
Please ensure you follow all instructions below, to make the most success of these sessions.
Set-up / Removal instructions
|Mounting||Tuesday 23rd July, 2019||From 12:00pm to 3:00pm (12:00 - 15:00)|
|Tear-down (*)||Saturday 27 July, 2019||From to 1:00pm to 2:00pm (13:00-14:00)|
Please adhere to the stated times for set-up and tear-down of posters.
(*) The organisers are not responsible for loss or damage of posters not removed within this time. Posters not removed will be discarded and can not be retrieved.
Poster discussions will take place during the morning, lunch and afternoon breaks on Wednesday 24th July through Saturday 27th July (please refer to the detailed programme).
Presenters and/or co-presenters should be available next to his/her dedicated panel to present and discuss the poster with other participants.
Poster dimension and format
The poster must not exceed 130 cm high and 90 cm wide, and should be PORTRAIT only.
The poster language must be ENGLISH. Additional languages are acceptable but the main language must be English.
Each poster should contain the following elements:
- Name(s) of contributing presenter(s) and affiliation (organisation, city, country);
- Brief description of the premise and research;
- Conclusion. This is by far the most important part of the poster – the message should be clear and simple.
- Illustrations should be used to convey important points.
- Diagrams, graphs, charts and photographs will enhance your presentation.
- Text, tables, graphs and figures should be large enough to be seen at a distance of 2 metres (approximately 6.5 feet).
- Please use a QRcode for video content if needed.
- Make short statements. Avoid long explanatory sentences.
Prepare your material beforehand so that it will fit neatly into the space available and can be easily attached to the board.
Poster hanging materials will be provided by the organisers.
There will be an assistance desk close to the poster area. Staff will be happy to assist you to the best of their ability.
Thin cardboard is more suitable than paper. Use a computer or enlarge typed text by photographic methods. If your organisation or institution can produce your poster professionally, the finished effect is more scholarly.
Need any help ? please contact: email@example.com