Call for abstracts
Deadline for abstract submission :
June 15th 2018, 23:59 CET
(Central European Time)
Abstract submission is now closed
- Abstracts can only be submitted electronically via the online submission process, following the easy, step-by-step instructions. Abstracts submitted by email or fax will not be considered.
- You can submit your abstract until June 15th 2018, 23:59 CET.
- Abstracts received after the deadline will not be accepted and will therefore not be considered for the programme or for publication.
- Abstracts must be submitted either in written English or in International Sign (internet link to be provided)
- Submission of an abstract does not guarantee acceptance for presentation at the congress.
- Submission of an abstract does not constitute registration for the conference.
- Submission of an abstract implies the commitment that if the abstract is accepted, the presenting author will attend the congress and the expectation that financial resources to attend are available (registration, travel and accommodation expenses will not be covered).
- If the original presenting author is unable to present, one of the co-authors should take over this responsibility.
- Registration and payment of the fees must be completed by January 15, 2019 at the latest. If the presenter fails to register and pay before January 15, 2019, his / her abstract will be excluded from the scientific program and publication.
- The abstract content should reflect the presentation that the author is planning to give during the congress, if the abstract is accepted.
- Travel scholarship programme: The congress organisers offer a travel scholarship program for delegates from developing countries to ensure their representation at the congress and to promote international relations between researchers. In order to qualify, applicants must have successfully submitted an abstract to the Congress
Click here for more information and conditions
ABSTRACT REVIEW & NOTIFICATION
- Abstracts will be reviewed by the Scientific Programme Committee and external reviewers.
- Acceptance or rejection of an abstract will be based on the average grade awarded by the reviewers.
- Although the Scientific Programme Committee will make the final decision as to how the abstract will be presented, a preference for plateform presentation or poster can be indicated.
- Selected abstracts will be presented as plateform presentations or as posters.
- Authors will be notified of the selection results by email by the end of September 2018 and will receive all technical information and presentation instructions prior to the Congress.
ABSTRACT CATEGORIES (WFD Commissions)
- Commission 1: Sign Language and Deaf Studies
- Commission 2: Deaf Education
- Commission 3: International Co-operation and Development
- Commission 4: Technology and Accessibility
- Commission 5: Health
- Commission 6: Employment
KEY THEMES & KEYWORDS
- Women’s Rights
- Deaf people with disabilities
- Deafblind people
- Child of Deaf Adults (CODA)
- Senior Citizens
- Deaf Theatre / Culture / Deaf Art
- Deaf Youth
Entry of free keywords will be possible (3 keywords maximum)
Abstract submission format
Two versions can be submitted :
- Either a written version of the abstract in ENGLISH
- Or a video version of the abstract in INTERNATIONAL SIGN
- Abstract structure: there is no mandatory structure, but the abstract should be ideally structured as follows: introduction, method, results, conclusion.
- Abstract’s length: The abstract must contain at least 1,000 characters and cannot contain more than 3’000 characters (blank spaces, punctuation included. The authors’ affiliation and titles are not included).
- Abstract title text length: the title of the abstract must contain 250 characters maximum, spaces included
- Tables & pictures: You can insert a table and a picture. Pictures must not exceed 500 pixels.
- Authors: The presenting author(s) (2 maximum) must provide a photography;
Video abstract: you will have to insert a video in International Sign language with your abstract. This video can be uploaded on several streaming supports (Dailymotion, Youtube), and you will have to provide the video’s URL.
Video background: It is important to note that the video’s background must be neutral (GREEN, BLUE, or BLACK)
Presentation format (select your preferred format):
- or Poster
Presentation language (select your preferred language):
Official languages of the congress:
- International Sign
- French Sign Language
- spoken English
- spoken French
1. Account creation and submission of the first abstract
During your first submission, you will receive two emails:
The first to confirm the creation of your account. It is recommended to keep in reference your user name, your password and the answer to the secret question.
The second to confirm the submitted abstract and its reference number.
- All pop-up blockers should be turned off
- Correspondence relating to the abstract will be sent by default to the abstract submitter.
- Before confirming the abstract submission, you will be asked to carefully check the abstract preview.
- Please kindly note that "*" indicates a mandatory field (information is required). The system will inform you if you have not fulfilled all the mandatory field to submit your abstract.
- You can edit your abstract until the submission deadline with your username and password
2. Submission of a new abstract
- For submission of another abstract, you will not need to re-enter your details.
- At the end of the first submission, the system will propose to submit another abstract.
- You can also submit later by returning to your account.
- If the password is forgotten, you may request to send a reminder email.
3. List of authors
- By clicking the button "Add author", you can add co-authors in your abstract.
- First author is automatically already entered but you can modify it.
- Please enter the full name (in full) in lower case (first letter capitalized)
- You can change the order of authors by using the arrows.
- In the final submission, the co-authors will receive by email a confirmation the submission.
4. Your abstract
- Write or copy / paste your abstract inside the field.
- Do not repeat the title of your abstract, the names of authors
For any question, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org